5 Quick Gardening Tips to Save You Money
Itís easy to spend a fortune every year creating a beautiful yard. These five tips can help save you money in both this, and future gardening seasons.
1. Plan your vegetable garden according to what your neighbors are planting so you can share your vegetables when theyíre ready for eating. Often Iíve had too many of one kind of vegetable I couldnít give away because my friendís were ripe at the same time.
2. Select perennials rather than annuals for your flowerbeds. As they multiply each year, cut them back and exchange with your friends so you both have lovely gardens and save money at the same time.
3. Compost your kitchen scraps, as well as your coffee grounds. The end result is much better than any potting soil you can ever get buy from a nursery or hardware store. The price is right, and this is definitely recycling!
4. Instead of using mulch, try pebbles or small rocks in your garden as ground cover. This will save you lots of cash since you wonít need to buy mulch in the spring and fall of every year.
5. Spend more money now by purchasing better quality gardening tools and you will save in the long run. They will last for years, saving you dollars because you donít need to replace them every planting season. Same goes for gardening gloves- make sure you buy the best you can afford so they last all season. Happy Gardening!
Money Order Articles
Money Order Books